VOLUNTEER TO HELP GRREAT
GRREAT is all-volunteer operated. Without volunteers, the organization would cease to exist and hundreds more Golden Retrievers would be euthanized–or worse–in the mid-Atlantic area.
We always need volunteers to do the myriad of things needed to keep GRREAT operating and allow us to take in, foster, treat, and adopt out Goldens. We need people to transport dogs and/or supplies, assist at Adoption Days, organize events, perform administrative functions and many other critical tasks.
Looking for other ways to help GRREAT? Here are 100 Ways to Help a Rescue
- We are ALWAYS in need of foster homes. We provide veterinary care for the dog and support for you. You provide a safe, loving environment for the foster dog and help us find his or her forever home.
- Requirements: Love Goldens
- For more information please contact email@example.com
Home Visit Volunteers
- Visit and evaluate potential adoptive families, answer their questions and set appropriate expectations on the adoption process. Complete a home visit checklist and e-mail to Application Coordinator.
- Requirements: Knowledge of GRREAT, friendly golden to take along on visits, ability to use computer and e-mail.
- Time Commitment: 1-2 hours per visit
- For MD, PA or DE please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For VA, DC or WV please contact email@example.com
- Check the personal and vet references for each adoption applicant by asking a set of standard questions. Then type the responses into the form and email to the Adoption Coordinator.
- Requirements: Polite phone manners, ability to use computer and e-mail.
- Time Commitment: 5-10 minutes per call
- For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help GRREAT transport Goldens from give-up homes or shelters to foster homes or vet offices. Also, help needed picking up large donations such as crates.
- Requirements: Appropriate vehicle to transport dog(s), and don’t mind dog hair in your vehicle.
- Time Commitment: Varies
- For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Do you have a dog-related business and are you willing to donate services to GRREAT? Are you able to provide no-cost or low-cost dog walking, dog sitting, training, dog grooming or veterinary services to our foster dogs?
- If so, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Raising Money for GRREAT
- In addition to our regularly scheduled fundraising events, we welcome your interest in organizing a special fundraiser.
- To be a “GRREAT-sanctioned event”, you will need the approval of the Board of Directors. This is to ensure that our insurance, liability, and financial guidelines are met. The Board will be interested in reviewing your plans, and possibly helping you to refine them to make your event a big success.
- If you’d like to run an independent event, perhaps something like a dog walk or a rummage sale, we recommend that you use the phrase “to benefit GRREAT” rather than a “GRREAT event”.
- Before you initiate an event to benefit GRREAT, please contact email@example.com. We will be happy to provide guidelines and information, as well as what expenses you may or may not be reimbursed for.
It takes a Team to Rescue a Single GRREAT Dog
…and match it with a Forever Home!
See how we do it.